What happens in cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a great option if you are feeling self-conscious about your smile due to flaws like chips, cracks, stains, discolorment, or due to any mishap. Dental work which improves the appearance of teeth, gums, or bite is known as cosmetic dentistry. It is a professional method of oral care. This dentistry aims at creating a positive change to your teeth and your smile. Most think of teeth whitening and porcelain veneers, but cosmetic dentistry is more than that.
Cosmetic dentistry Houston has evolved from just replacing and restoring damaged teeth to covering a wide range of esthetic procedures. Today’s Houston cosmetic dentistry includes tooth whitening, tooth bonding, tooth-colored restorations and fillings, porcelain veneers, orthodontics, dental implants, and more.
With cosmetic dentistry veneers at sapphire dental care, you could get the smiles of your dreams.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures
1. Sapphire Teeth whitening offers both take-home and in-office teeth whitening, their in-office treatment uses special laser and powerful whitening gel, which boosts your smile 5 times in a single visit. Their take-home whitening kits include best grade products recommended by professional testing.
2. Veneers in Houston TX are tooth-shaped porcelain pieces. They fit over the existing teeth after being prepared, covering up the front surfaces and any imperfections.
3. Cosmetic makeovers are the customized plans designed for the patients according to their cosmetic issues. This ensures that they coordinate the patient’s care properly and provide him with the best results. They use the latest dental technology to plan a patient’s care. Using 3-d scans and images of the mouth. Also, the patient could test-drive his new smile with a mock-up created. This process eliminates guesswork and ensures that the patient gets what he wants.
4. Full mouth reconstruction involves both cosmetic and restorative procedures, and these are often used for extensive tooth decay or severe oral trauma. They work with the patient to develop a treatment plan that will restore your natural beauty and function of their smile.
5. Inlays and Onlays are also called indirect fillings, which are made by a dental laboratory. They are used when a tooth has mild to moderate decay or there’s not enough tooth structure to support a filling. The inlay is placed directly on the tooth surface when a greater surface of the tooth is broken. An Onlay is used to cover entire tooth’s surface. Inlay and outlay are made of composite resin material and attached to the tooth with dental cement.
6. Composite bonding refers to repairing damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth using materials that resemble the color of tooth enamel. The dentist drills out the tooth decay and applies the composite onto the tooth’s surface. This effectively covers the damage to the tooth and gives the appearance of healthy tooth in its place.
7. Dental implants Houston tx, implants are used to replace teeth after tooth loss. The dentist inserts a small titanium screw into the jaw at the site of the missing tooth, which remains as a support to a crown. Patients need to practice diligent oral hygiene during the implant placement period to clean plaque and food leftovers from the area.
To start your journey towards your best smile, book an appointment today with Sapphire family dentistry, Top Dentist In Houston.